Need more information or advice about your rights if you are in care?

If you are in care, there are organisations that can give you advice on your rights and people who can help you

Local services

The Children’s Active Involvement Service is for all children who have social workers or who are looked after. You can contact them if you want to talk about your situation or make a complaint, they also run events during term time and there are some holiday activities. Contact them on T: 020 7527 8694/07825 098270.

Other services

Children’s Legal Advice gives legal advice and will represent children and young people. Look at their website for a contact form to fill in.

If you need an advocate to help you, contact:

Coram Voice who can provide advocates for young people in care or leaving care T: 0808 800 5792 (free from landlines), text 07758 670 369 or E:

National Youth Advocacy Services offer information, legal advice and advocacy services for children who are looked after. Freephone helpline T: 0808 808 1001

Related articles