Need more information and advice about your rights?

You will find information and advice from local organisations such as a law centre or Citizens Advice

There is also a lot of information online

Check out some of the websites below, or for local services, look at the Related services links on this page.

Equality and Human Rights Commission - 'Know your rights', for advice, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) T: 0808 800 0082.

The Citizens Advice website has advice on discrimination, civil rights, the legal system and more.

The Children’s Legal Centre gives legal information and advice for young people on lots of different subjects. Contact the Child Law Advice Line which is open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. For family or child law T: 0300 330 5480; for education law T: 0300 330 5485.

The Mix has useful information for young people on their rights.

If you need to prove your age to do things or buy things, you can get official proof of age and ID cards. Check out:

For information on your legal rights when you buy goods and services, you can contact your local Citizens Advice. Contact their Consumer Helpline on T: 0808 223 1133 or Citizens Advice Islington T: 0300 330 1197.

You can also contact Islington Trading Standards

Need information on your rights at work?

The ACAS Helpline T: 0300 123 1100 can help with questions on employment rights.  

GOV.UK has information on your rights and responsibilities at work.

Other organisations providing legal advice are:

Civil Legal Advice T: 0345 345 4345 can provide independent and confidential legal advice on debt, education, housing and family problems.

Disability Law Service T: 0207 791 9800 can give advice to disabled and deaf people on legal problems relating to disability, such as discrimination, goods and services, community care, employment and welfare benefits.

Related articles