Drinking too much? Need advice?
There's lots of help and support available
Islington Drug and Alcohol Service for Young People offers free, confidential advice and support at T: 020 7527 5099
Islington Drug and Alcohol Helpline T: 0808 800 0019 is open 24 hours, seven days a week and can help you or someone you care about.
There are other confidential advice lines such as
- Drinkline, a national advice line for people with alcohol problems and their families and friends T: 0300 123 1110, open weekdays 9am to 8pm, weekends 11am to 4pm.
- Al-Anon Helpline supports anyone affected by someone else's drinking T: 0800 0086 811.
The NHS Choices website has information on the risks of drinking too much.
Check out these other websites with information on drinking, and help for children and families affected by a problem drinker.
- Drink Aware facts and advice on the effects of drinking too much
- The Mix advice, information and support on drink and drugs
- NACOA (National Association for Children of Alcoholics) help and support
- Al-Anon also supports teenage relatives and friends of alcoholics
Think your drinking is putting you at risk? Take a quick check. Go to https://drinkcoach.org.uk. It looks at your drinking levels and gives you free advice based on your risk, as well as details of local support services that can help if you need it.