Have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan? Looking for education and training opportunities?

If you're leaving school and moving on you will need to have a plan for what you want to do next. It may feel a bit scary but you will get help to make decisions from a careers adviser, your teachers, people who know you, your parents and people who know your medical needs.

If you have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan you will have a meeting each year to put together your ‘Transition Plan’. This is when you can say what you'd like to do. You can also find more information on the Islington Local Offer page.

Whether you have a physical disability, a medical condition or a learning difficulty it is a really good idea to visit the day centres, schools, colleges and universities you're interested in to see if they meet your needs. They'll have advisers who'll talk to you about courses and check what equipment and other support you might need.

You can get legal advice from the Children's Legal Centre or Child Law Advice

If you are thinking of going to university see the Disability Rights UK website, which has advice and information for disabled students.

Related articles