The website of the British Diabetic Association, which provides information and advice on teenage diabetes. The BDA runs holiday and activity programmes as well as producing videos and publications.
Services in health and wellbeing (238)
Refine these results
- Sexual health charity website.
- Website providing support, information and friendship to families whose children and relatives have Fragile X Syndrome.
- The website of GIG a national organisation which helps those affected by genetic disorders.
- Greater London Authority Healthy Schools programme website with advice and resources.
- An organisation delivering effective intervention on drugs, community safety and other public health concerns.
- Provides training and clinical work in the field of systemic psycotherapy with families, couples and individuals.
- MacMillan Cancer Support aims to ensure those living with cancer get the best information, treatment and care.
- Website offering information about microphthalmia, anophthalmia, coloborna and related conditions
- A website offering information to people who have neuromuscular conditions.
- The website of a national organisation for those suffering with eczema, dermatitis and sensitive skin.
- The website of the Meningitis Trust, a national organisation providing a wide range of support to meningitis sufferers and their families.
- NOFAS-UK is committed to helping individuals with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), their families and carers.
- The NSHN was formed over ten years ago with the prime objective of supporting people who self harm. We consist of a number of volunteer workers who have experienced self-harm to themselves or have seen it in family or friends. The aims and objectives of…
- Independent, free, confidential advice on making a complaint about NHS services.
- Website providing key pregnancy and baby topics.
- Music therapy services.
- One You Islington offers information and links to other websites and local services which can help you improve your health and wellbeing.
- The website of SAUK, which offers information and support to young people with scoliosis.
- Shine is the leading UK registered charity providing information and advice about spina bifida and hydrocephalus to individuals, families and carers.
- THT is the leading HIV and AIDS charity in the UK and the largest in Europe. It was one of the first charities to be set up in response to the HIV epidemic and has been at the forefront of the fight against HIV and AIDS…
- Website of the London-based organisation offering support to people with the condition, their families and new parents.
- Website giving information about the national organisation for thoses affected by psoriasis.
- Offering support to those affected by tuberous sclerosis and their families and carers.
- A source of information service for families of children with rare chromosome disorders.
- WellChild helps sick children and their families throughout the UK.
- Thursday 6.30-7pmBeginners welcome, no need to book
- Whittington Health provides community health services in Islington including health visiting and other services for children, young people and families. See the website for the full range of services and how to access them.
- The Whittington Hospital is located between Archway and Highgate. There is an Accident and Emergency department located in the hospital. The hospital's main entrance is on Magdala Avenue. Emergency department and labour ward access is on Highgate Hill.
- Tuesdays, 11am to 12pmSt Luke's Community Centre is pleased to offer free table tennis classes for Islington women. Table tennis is a fun, sociable way to work on fitness and co-ordination. FREE for all Islington women.
- The Work Related Assertiveness Project (WRAP) is delivered by the mental health charity Jobs in Mind. WRAP provides employment support for young people aged 16-25 not in work and experiencing stress, anxiety and depression. Young people gain access to one-to-one support into training, volunteering and…
- You can contact us by phone 24 hours per day 7 days per week. (Only after 6pm if it is an emergency)We provide one-to-one care for pregnant young women wishing to have their babies at Whittington Hospital. We offer a 24- hour telephone advice line and run regular antenatal classes and postnatal drop-in's.
- Younger Minds and Families North London is a project developed to support young people aged 16 to 25 and their families. The project supports young people successfully transition from teenagers to self-sufficient adults by helping them overcome barriers of social deprivation - barriers that include…
- Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:30pm. Parents Information Helpline: Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4pmYoungMinds provides an information service for parents and cares with concerns about the mental health of a child or young person. Training and consultancy are provided to frontline staff such as teachers, social workers and youth workers. A wide range of publications for young people,…
- The YCSMAS Team has been created in response to the growing number of young people referred for counselling and/or substance misuse support with comorbid presentations. It is a holistic health service for young people that integrates two specialist Targeted Youth Service teams: TYS Youth Counselling Service IYPDAS (Islington Young…
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 3-8pm.The Zone Youth Club is located between Holloway School and the Bridge School and is accessed from the Bridge School entrance on Carleton Road. We offer after-school and evening youth club sessions for young people aged 11 to 19 years or up to 24 years for…
- Saturday trial classes; Under 8s: 9–10am; 8+s 10-midday. Intermediate 1 and 2: (2x1.5 hour classes), 12–3pm; Intermediate 3 and Advanced (2x 1.5 hour classes): 3–6 PMThe ZooNation Academy of Dance, ZAD, currently trains over 150 students in all styles of Hip Hop dance. Classes cover a wide range of Hip Hop styles inlcuidng Popping, Locking, Old Skool, Nu Skool, Breakin’ and House. ZooNation also runs a youth company with dancers…