Counselling Directory is a confidential service that encourages those in distress to seek help. The directory contains information on many different types of distress, as well as articles, news, and events.
Services in Young people (172)
Refine these results
- Crimestoppers is an independent charity working to fight crime. You can call 0800 555 111 to pass on information about crime anonymously.
- Online access guides to around 1,000 venues in Islington.
- Support to East London's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities.
- Website of the national organisation that is part of the Mental Health Foundation, which promotes the rights of learning disabled people.
- NHS Choices site: Sex and Young People.
- Advice, counselling and encouragement to stop smoking. Quitline also operates a free telephone helpline on 0800 002200.
- A website providing information on vocational, employment and training opportunities, student allowance and further and higher education.
- UCAS Progress, formerly known as Choice, is the online course guide which provides 14-19 year olds with information about the courses available to them in schools and colleges across London including City and Islington College and the Islington Consortium.
- We are the national charity giving free and confidential help to victims of crime, witnesses, their family, friends and anyone else affected across England and Wales.
- The website of the national organisation which is a major provider of services for young people with epilepsy.
- Young Pleasance is part of the Pleasance Theatre giving young people the opportunity to rehearse, learn, devise, share skills, and perform as part of a focused and motivated ensemble, recognising that drama is an essential part of learning and growth for young people on an…
- Westminster Kingsway College is a large college in central London, with Centres in Camden and Westminster. The College offers a wide range of further, adult and higher education courses, which are available for people of all ages from fourteen years upwards.
- The Work Related Assertiveness Project (WRAP) is delivered by the mental health charity Jobs in Mind. WRAP provides employment support for young people aged 16-25 not in work and experiencing stress, anxiety and depression. Young people gain access to one-to-one support into training, volunteering and…
- After-school from 3.45pm, weekends and summer holidays; Pre-school drama classes on Monday; Phone for detailsYoung Actors Theatre, Islington offers drama classes and productions for ages 18 months to adult. Classes run after school, evenings and weekends all year and there are summer schools and half-term workshops. Pre-school classes run on Monday morning.
- There is plenty of support available for parents under 25, including regular drop-in sessions and specific support services at a number of locations in the borough. If you want to share experiences and ideas with other young parents, or get helpful information about topics such as…
- You can contact us by phone 24 hours per day 7 days per week. (Only after 6pm if it is an emergency)We provide one-to-one care for pregnant young women wishing to have their babies at Whittington Hospital. We offer a 24- hour telephone advice line and run regular antenatal classes and postnatal drop-in's.
- The Sanctuary will provide accomodation, training and activities that will help the victims of Bullying and Abuse improve their emotional wellbeing, build their self confidience and increase their self esteem, equipping them with the skills to become successful in life. Please leave a message…
- Young people's theatre company. Brings together a team of directors, young performers, technicians, designers, writers, musicians, composers and choreographers with an innovative approach to theatre.
- Younger Minds and Families North London is a project developed to support young people aged 16 to 25 and their families. The project supports young people successfully transition from teenagers to self-sufficient adults by helping them overcome barriers of social deprivation - barriers that include…
- Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:30pm. Parents Information Helpline: Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4pmYoungMinds provides an information service for parents and cares with concerns about the mental health of a child or young person. Training and consultancy are provided to frontline staff such as teachers, social workers and youth workers. A wide range of publications for young people,…
- Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday between 7-10pmYouth Club is our core programme, augmented by various fixed-term projects. It is a physical, social and cultural space for young people to feel safe and have a sense of belonging. Children and young people are encouraged to explore new opportunities, whilst being supported to…