The Fighting Chance
Unique Employability programme that uses the sport of boxing as a means of engagement. We run a 4 week boxing course with 4 week intensive and up to 6 months on going employability support aimed at individuals further from the Labour Market (ex offenders, ex services, those with mild/moderate health conditions and longer term unemployed people.
The course is delivered at Islington Boxing Club near Archway.
Who to contact
- 020 3005 2866 020 3005 2866
8, Northumberland Avenue
- WC2N 5BY
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Course runs 2 mornings a week ie: Monday and Wednesday 10am -12.00pm
- Session Information
Only when course is running contact beforehand to check
- Cost Details
- The course is free to those that meet the criteria
- Who is this service for?
- The course is open to all North London District unemployed Men and Women aged 18+ (no upper age limit) that are disadvantaged in the labour market, in receipt of JSA, ESA or UC that might need some extra support and benefit from the motivational aspects of this course with a view to moving them towards work.
- Referral Details
Clients should ideally be referred by their advisor by phone call or if not an email .
Candidates can refer themselves but will be screened and must be able to commit to doing the course and have a basic level of physical fitness (although can train at their own pace)
- Additional Languages
- Candidates should have a basic level of communication in English so they can understand instructions.