Health Visiting Service
The full healthy child programme is still being delivered. Contacts from the health visiting service are being managed as a ‘blended offer’ with face to face contacts in your own home and in local health centres by appointment as well as video or audio contacts.
Please note that childhood immunisations continue as normal.
Health Visitor information: We are continuing to work with you face to face if you are happy to see us in your home or in a clinic setting. We will be contacting you if you are pregnant, have a new baby or your child is due any developmental reviews but you can contact us too. If you know your health visitor call the number given to you in your red book. We also have 1 duty line operating between 9am-5pm and this has a voicemail facility too: 020 3316 8008.
All families with children 0-5 have access to a Bright Start health visiting team. If you are unsure which team you come under, you can check this by contacting the Islington 0-19 team on 020 3316 8008.
Watch a video about Bright Start Health Visiting Services: https://vimeo.com/631882609
Also available spoken in Albanian, Arabic, Czech, Polish, Russian, Somali and Turkish languages https://vimeo.com/showcase/9164493
The Bright Start Health Visiting teams work together with all families and the early years services, to provide information and support, facilitating the Bright Start vision, which is to reduce stressors and build resilience in families, so that children will be happy, safe and active, learning and developing physically, emotionally and socially to their full potential. Underpinning the work the Bright Start health visitors deliver are four key principles.
- the search for health needs
- the stimulation of an awareness of health needs
- the influence on policies affecting health
- the facilitation of health-enhancing activities.
We do this by taking a lead on the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme, which takes the form of five mandated visits.
- Antenatal Contact between 28-36 weeks of pregnancy
- The New Birth Visit 10-14 days after delivery.
- The 6-8 week health visitor review
- The 12-15 month developmental review
- The 24-30 month developmental review.
Who to contact
- 020 3316 8008 020 3316 8008
- Scan to visit this website
- Cost Details
- Who is this service for?
- Every family in Islington with a child aged under 5 years is allocated to a health visiting team.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Every family in Islington with a child aged under 5 years is allocated to a health visiting team. All newborns receive a home visit from a named health visitor. Phone your GP or health centre for contact details of your health visitor.
- Additional Languages
- The service has access to interpreting and advocacy services for most languages.