Islington Mind - Outcome – LGBTQ+ London-wide mental health service
Outcome is the LGBTQ+ service of Islington Mind. It is one of a handful of LGBTQ+ mental health services in London run by a lesbian gay bisexual and transgendered team for 25 years. We meet every Tuesday at 35 Ashley Rd, N19 between 10.30am and 4.00pm, and generally have over 40 clients on any one day.
Our main aim is to provide a sanctuary for LGBTQ+ people, somewhere safe where they can be themselves, socialise free from discrimination, receive counselling and therapies to improve mental health, access activities to improve wellbeing and learn new skills and share experiences in peer support groups. We cook and eat lunch together every session at 13:00.
Our peer support groups include an LBT Women Only Space, a Men’s Group and Mind Scape, part of the London Paranoia & Beliefs Network, providing support to people who experience anxiety, paranoia and unusual beliefs.
Outcome currently offers the following specialist projects:
- Freedom From Fear To Love: a project to assist LGBTQ+ asylum seekers and refugees with their transition to a newly “out” LGBTQ+ experience.
- United In Strength: a service aimed at supporting lesbian, bisexual and trans women who experience domestic violence.
- RainbowSports@Mind: a sports and movement project for LGBTQ+ people, aimed at reducing isolation and improving mental health and physical wellbeing.
During the summer we facilitate special summer activities including picnics and trips chosen by our service users.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Sigal Avni
- Contact Position
- Outcome Manager
- 020 3301 9850 020 3301 9850
- Specialist mental health services for the LGBTQ+ community
- Scan to visit this website
- Islington Mind
35, Ashley Road
- N19 3AG
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Time of day
- Session Information
Check website for times
- Who is this service for?
- LGBTQ+ community experiencing mental health problems