Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support

If you have a low income, you may be eligible for help to pay your rent and council tax. You do not need to be out of work or receiving income support to get help. For information about these benefits and how to apply, see the links on the left.

The government has made some changes to the benefit system which means if you currently receive Council Tax Benefit, from 1 April 2013 you will move onto the new Council Tax Support scheme. If you are of working age you will have to pay something towards your council tax or increase the amount you pay. Visit the council tax pages section to find out more about the changes.

You can also find out more about other benefit changes that may affect you by visiting our benefit changes section.

Who to contact

020 7527 4990 020 7527 4990
Housing Benefits and Council Tax
Scan to visit this website

Last Updated

Last updated:


Comment on this listing Save to My shortlist