Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School, EGA
Elizabeth Garrett Anderson is a girls' community secondary school. Community schools are schools that are built and looked after by Islington Council. The Council pays all running costs for the school and sets admission requirements. All schools are inspected regularly by Ofsted (the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills). To see the latest report about this school go to www.ofsted.gov.uk/
Determined Admission Arrangements
The school has chosen to adopt the Council's community school admission arrangements.
- DfE Code: 206/4324
- Specialism: Teaching School
- Age range: 11-16
- Number of places available in year 7: 180
- Open mornings: 9.20am-10.30am: 22, 23, 29, 30 September;
5, 6, 13, 14 October
- Open evening: 7 October, 4.30pm-7.30pm
- Does the school have a sixth form? City and Islington College
- School start and finish times: 8.55am-3.20pm Monday to Thursday; 8.55am-3.00pm Friday
- Is the school recognised as a 'Healthy School'?: Yes, Bronze Award (Apr-18)
- Accessibility: Fully accessible
- Support for your child at secondary transfer: Primary visits, admissions interview, taster morning, parents’ evening, summer school, solo student event, Year 7 only first day, Year 7 families garden party
- Last pupil admitted under distance criterion last year: 1.03 miles.
- Calculate your home to school distance.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- John Beighton, Executive Head Teacher; Sarah Beagley, Head Teacher
- 020 7837 0739 020 7837 0739
- Scan to visit this website
- N1 9QG
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- 8.55am-3.20pm Monday to Thursday 8.55am-3.00pm Friday
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Contact School Admissions, Upper Street, London, N1 1XR, 020 7527 5515 or go online to www.islington.gov.uk/admissions
- How will you support my child?
Further SEND information can be found in the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School SEN Information Report.