Whittington Park Community Nursery
A beautiful community nursery set in the heart of Whittington Park. Places prioritised for two, three and four year olds eligible for free early education, paying places also available. We provide a safe and caring home-like environment, in which children are encouraged to explore and learn, with an emphasis on discovery, nature and learning in the outdoor environment - both in our garden and the surrounding park. We value relationships with parents, carers and the local community.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Gail Walker and Joan Caton, Nursery Managers
- 020 7281 1987 020 7281 1987 07434 881641 07434 881641 020 7272 1847 (during holidays) 020 7272 1847 (during holidays)
- Scan to visit this website
- N19 4RS
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Morning session: 9am to 12pm; afternoon session 1-4pm. All day session 9am to 3pm, or 10am to 4pm. This includes lunchtime. Term-time only.
- Age Ranges
- 2 years to 4 years
- Cost Details
- We take 2, 3, and 4 year old children who are eligible for free early education. If your child is not eligible for funding, or if you wish to pay for additional hours, our fees are: £8.50 per hour for 2 year olds and £7.50 for 3 and 4 year olds.
- Who is this service for?
- Children aged 2-4
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Sorry you cannot drop in to see us at the moment, but we have made virtual tours with our lovely nursery and staff for you to look at and get a feel for the setting. Please contact us about a place for your child.
- Additional Languages
- French, some Italian, Spanish and German, Bengali, Hindi, Arabic
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (15 hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (30 hours)
- Tax-free childcare
- How will you support my child?
Our setting welcomes children with SEND and we are committed to working with parents and other professionals to provide good inclusive practice. Our Islington link Area SENCO provides us with support, advice and training re children with SEND. Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities are fully supported in their learning and development.
Our SENCO is an Early Years Teacher with a Level 7 qualification. She has attended several training sessions run by the area SENCO including training on children with autism. She has also been trained in attention building by a local Speech and Language Therapist.
Most of our staff have been trained in Makaton. Some staff have attended specialist sessions on working with children on the autistic spectrum, attention building, resource making and running language groups.
We have experience of working with several children with severe and complex needs, including children on the autistic spectrum. We work in partnership with families and local specialist agencies, for example, Speech and Language therapists, the Social Communication Team, Early and Family Support, health visitors and the Area SENCO.
We have good links to Children's Centre Speech and Language Therapists and Family Support teams.
- Inspection Outcome
Inspection Outcome Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 24/05/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report