New River College Outreach Service
The NRC Outreach Service provides services to schools to improve pupil/student behaviour and reduce exclusions.
They provide the following services to mainstream primary and secondary schools in Islington to enable schools to develop their capacity to support pupils with social, emotional and behavioural needs:
- Staff training around behaviour management strategies and understanding pupil behaviour. They provide a core offer of central training and bespoke training for staff in schools.
- Support for whole school policy development including whole school behaviour audits.
- Attendance at Pastoral Care/Inclusion meetings as part of the “Team Around the School”.
- Support for school staff to set up systems to better manage or prevent pupil/student behaviour difficulties (such as peer support systems, playground activities, classroom systems).
- Modelling and coaching staff around group work with pupils/students (such as anger management, social skills and self-esteem groups, nurture-type groups). They also provide resources to support planning of such groups.
- Assessment of individual children with behavioural and/or emotional needs.
- Outreach work with individual or groups of children where interventions and/or strategies are modelled to key school staff (e.g. Year 6-7 transition groups, nurture groups, reintegration following a place at the PRU or Aspire Programme).
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Tim Webb
- Contact Position
- Outreach Lead
- 020 7527 5735 020 7527 5735
- Scan to visit this website
New River College
- N7 8RH