St Mary Magdalene Academy Secondary School
St Mary Magdalene is a mixed, all-through academy sponsored by the Church of England. Academies are independently managed and the governing body sets its own admissions criteria.
All schools are inspected regularly by Ofsted (the Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills). To see the latest report about this school go to www.ofsted.gov.uk/
Determined Admission Arrangements
- DfE Code: 206/6905
- Specialism: Global Citizenship
- Age range: 5-18
- Number of places available in year 7: 210 (up to 60 places are reserved for pupils attending either the primary phase of the Academy or schools in the Hive Education Trust)
- Morning tours: Tuesday-Friday 14 September - 8 October. Tickets only – Register for a ticket
- Open evening: Promotional video only
- Test dates: Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 October. Please see school website for further details
- Does the school have a sixth form? St Mary Magdalene Sixth Form
- School start and finish times: 8.40am-3.30pm (Year group differences may apply)
- Is the school recognised as a 'Healthy School'?: No
- Accessibility: Fully accessible
- Support for your child at secondary transfer: Induction Day
- Last pupil admitted under distance criterion for admission in September 2021: Open Place 0.386 miles and Foundation: 0.845 miles
- Calculate your home to school distance.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Victoria Linsley, Head Teacher
- 020 7697 0123 020 7697 0123
- Scan to visit this website
- N7 8PG
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- 8.40am-3.30pm (Year group differences may apply)
- Who is this service for?
- St Mary Magdalene Academy is an all-through school with both a primary and a secondary department.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Contact School Admissions, Upper Street, London, N1 1XR, 020 7527 5515 or go online to www.islington.gov.uk/admissions
- How will you support my child?
Further SEND information can be found in the St Mary Magdalene School SEND Information Report.