Mencap Interns and Outcomes Supported Internship Programme
Interns and Outcomes is Mencap’s Supported Internship programme. To be eligible, you will need to be 18-24, have an Education, Health and Care plan and be classed as a higher needs learner.
Interns and Outcomes:
- is an unpaid programme lasting for about a year
- is designed to be flexible so it can meet individual needs and choices
- will develop English and maths levels (not qualifications) through practical tasks
- will include at least 300 hours a of work experience
The aim of Interns and Outcomes is to help progress each intern towards and ideally into work. The work experience placement will be in a real work setting, learning skills required in a real job. Mencap has a number of relationships with employers across a range of sectors and we will work closely with each intern to identify the right placement to help develop their skills and career aspirations. Mencap will provide a trained job coach/assessor to help each intern learn on the job, including how to apply English and maths in the workplace.
We hope to secure paid work for each intern at the end of the programme. If this is not possible with the work experience employer, we will seek opportunities elsewhere and/or consider progression onto another programme, so the learner can continue to receive support, if needed, in order to achieve a positive outcome.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Ruth Collins
- Contact Position
- Programme Lead, Supported Internships
- 07903 643509 07903 643509
- Scan to visit this website
Concordia House, 123
- EC1Y 0RT