London Taxicard provides subsidised door-to-door transport in taxis and private-hire vehicles for people who have serious mobility impairment or a visual impairment that makes it difficult to use public transport. You have to complete an application process prior to using the service. The application form can be found on the Taxicard website.
Some people automatically qualify for a Taxicard and others will need to provide further evidence of their health / mobility difficulties and how these difficulties impact on their use of public transport.
Reasons for automatic qualification in Islington include being:
- In receipt of personal Independence Payment (PIP) with 8 points or more for ‘moving around’
- In receipt of disability Living Allowance (DLA) with higher rate for mobility
- Registered as severely sight-impaired or blind
- In receipt of Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- In receipt of War Pension Mobility Supplement
- In receipt of Attendance Allowance (AA) at the higher rate
- 80 years or older
Who to contact
- 020 7934 9791 020 7934 9791
- London Taxicard
- Scan to visit this website