Angel Shed Theatre Company
Angel Shed is an inclusive theatre company that has been delivering high-quality workshops and productions with children and young people in Islington for the past sixteen years.
Parent/carer of Angel Shed member:
“I have watched my daughter develop from a very shy child, lacking confidence, to a hugely capable young actor, believing in herself and supporting her peers. She has developed an understanding of ‘inclusive behaviour’, not by force but by being in an environment where all members are treated equally and given the same opportunities. I cannot recommend this amazing theatre group enough.”
All our members are given the opportunity to develop a range of performance techniques including dance and movement, drama and acting, music and singing throughout every term. Sharing ideas and devising is at the core of every activity and performance. We create new theatre inspired by our members, with regular end-of-term performances taking place in the theatre where we are based at City and Islington College.
Angel Shed Children’s Theatre member:
“Angel Shed is so fun and I look forward to it every week! I've made loads of new friends and I love performing in the shows every term - everyone always gets a part! Angel Shed's different because everyone is included.”
The artistic team are highly experienced, creating and delivering programmes to ensure members are given the most relevant type of support to enable them to excel during workshops and performances. We provide 1:1 support for members where necessary.
Year 5 teacher, Hungerford Primary School:
“The Angel Shed staff are experts of the creative arts and model best practise at all opportunities. They are hugely enthusiastic and this greatly inspires the children.”
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Kate Yauner, Office Manager
- 07910 822 412 07910 822 412
- Scan to visit this website
- Online sessions due to COVID-19 restrictions
City and Islington College
444 Camden Road
- N7 0SP
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Children’s Theatre 1 (ages 5-7): Mondays 4.00-5.00pm Children’s Theatre 2 (ages 7-10): Mondays 5.30-7.00pm Youth Theatre 1 (ages 10-13): Thursdays 5.30-7.00pm Youth Theatre 2 (ages 13-19): Thursdays 7.30-9.00pm Dance Company (ages 12-19): Mondays 7.30-8.30pm Music Collective (ages 12-19): Mondays 7.30-8.30pm Volunteer practitioners (ages 16+): Mondays and Thursdays, various times
- Cost Details
- At Angel Shed we believe that all children and young people should be able to access the performing arts, regardless of income or background. To help ensure any child or young person is able to attend we operate a support initiative (providing concessionary rates for all groups) as well as free places being available through our bursary scheme. Siblings are offered a 50% discount. Children’s Theatre 1: £75 per term Children’s Theatre 2 (ages 7-10): £100 per term Youth Theatre 1 (ages 10-13): £100 per term Youth Theatre 2 (ages 13-19): £100 per term Dance Company (ages 12-19): £75 per term (free to Youth Theatre members) Music Collective (ages 12-19): £75 per term (free to Youth Theatre members)
- Who is this service for?
- We operate weekly after-school membership groups for children and young people of all ages, starting from year 1 all the way through to age 19. We also provide volunteering opportunities for those aged 16+. As Angel Shed is an inclusive performing arts organisation, we are open to everyone and welcome children and young people from both mainstream and specialist schools.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral required
- Referral Details
- Additional Languages