GCSE and A Level Results 2023
Have you just got your GCSE or A-Level results?
You may have concerns and questions about your next steps in education, employment and training. Progress Advisers will be available on GCSE results day at the majority of Islington schools.
The Progress Team wants to provide support and can help you if you are uncertain about what to do next:
- Progress Advisers will be available throughout August 2023 and will be available to provide one to one support. Appointments can be booked on 020 7527 7031. Duty days for drop-in and arranged appoints will be at 222 Upper Street N1 1RX.
- Duty days are:
- Tuesday 9.30 – 5pm
- Thursday 9.30 – 5pm.
- Friday 9.30 – 5pm.
Book by calling 020 7527 7031 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Progress Team
The Progress Team provides help with a range of issues affecting young people including:
- career choices
- college courses
- job searches
- leisure activities
The team can also connect you with agencies that can help with other issues like:
The Progress Team is made up of experienced careers advisers, known as progress advisers, with qualifications in Advice and Guidance to a minimum of NVQ Level 4.
The service works with young people who are not currently in education, employment or training after they've finished school and young people who may need additional support to stay on track after leaving school/college.
All of the information, advice and guidance that team members provide is completely independent and impartial. Confidentiality is important and no information about what is discussed will be shared with anyone else unless you agree, or if you are in danger.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Progress Team
- 020 7527 7031 020 7527 7031
2nd Floor, 222 Upper Street
- N1 1XR
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Drop-in and appointment 9.30am - 5pm Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday
- Time of day
- Cost Details
- Free of charge
- Who is this service for?
- For young people between the ages of 13-19, and up to 25 for those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Additional Languages
- We use the Language Line telephone interpreting service.