SLOW - Support for Bereaved Parents and Siblings
SLOW - Surviving the Loss of Your World - is an award-winning charity for bereaved parents based in Islington. SLOW supports bereaved parents through daily life and challenges, promoting physical and mental well-being. Our support groups are open to all parents who have suffered the devastating loss of a child, at any age.
In Islington we run weekly daytime and monthly evening support groups in Tufnell Park facilitated by trained bereaved parents as well as quarterly sibling support workshops for bereaved children. During the pandemic these face to face groups have been suspended and we are currently supporting parents via group video conferencing on a weekly basis.
For more information about SLOW and details of all our support group dates please see our website slowgroup.co.uk
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Nic Whitworth
- Contact Position
- Founder and Bereavement Support Manager
- 07532 423 674 07532 423 674
- SLOW website
- Scan to visit this website
For details of our support group venues please contact the SLOW facilitator.
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Please see our website for dates and times of our support groups.
- Cost Details
- A suggested voluntary donation of £2 per group. Not applicable for pensioners and those on income support.
- Who is this service for?
- Bereaved parents and their children who have lost a child.
- Referral Details
Self referral or referral by a professional with permission of the bereaved parent.