Islington Additional Needs and Disability Service (IANDS)
The Islington Additional Needs and Disability Service supports children and young people with additional needs and disabilities to reach their full potential. This can mean being active in their community, developing friendships and enjoying an ordinary life the same way as other children.
We also provide parents with appropriate information, support and advice for them and their family.
The Islington Additional Needs and Disability Service includes the following services:
- Assessment of physical disabilities, speech, language and communication needs or developmental delay of children from 0-5 years of age
- Assessing, diagnosing, treating and advising on children from 0-5 years of age who are referred with possible autism spectrum condition (ASC)
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Special Schools Health Services and Nursing
Our teams are made up of various health care professionals, including speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, clinical psychologists, specialist nurses, family counselling, therapy assistants, health care assistants, and specialist key workers. We work in partnership with Islington local authority.
The teams work across various locations in Islington, including the Northern Health Centre, schools, Children’s Centres and at the Whittington Hospital.
Speech and Language Therapy run drop in services at children centres which are open access, and we accept referrals for additional support from any professional known to the child including GP by email.
Training and development opportunities are available to health, education and social care professionals who work with children with additional needs and disabilities.
Who to contact
- 020 3316 1877 020 3316 1877
- Islington Additional Needs and Disability Service
- Scan to visit this website
Telephone: 020 3316 1877
Address: Northern Health Centre
1st floor, 580, Holloway Road
London, N7 6LB
Northern Health Centre, 580
- N7 6LB
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Please note consent for direct referral is mandatory.