Special People work with children and young people with a wide variety of additional needs. We have staff experienced in working with children and adults who have medical needs, who present with behaviour that challenges or who require specific input such as physiotherapy or speech and language therapy. We also have support workers who are trained to carry out supervised contact, escorts and work with families where parents have additional needs. Some of our clients have acquired brain injuries. This list is not exhaustive and our aim is to help anyone if we can.
We offer a 24/7 service and have been established since 1998. Our staff are recruited from university students studying health and social care subjects, and from local people looking for a change in career. We offer an extensive range of training for all our new recruits. We have a robust Equity and Diversity policy and consider the organization to be neuro diverse.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Kathy Truesdale / Trisha Hanrahan
- Contact Position
- Placements Manager/HR manager
- 0207 686 0253 0207 686 0253 0207 686 5105 0207 686 5105
- Special People
- Scan to visit this website
- Special People Partnership
Brickworks Community Centre, 42
- N4 4BY
The venue is fully accessible and visitors are welcome.
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- 24/7 service
- Time of day
- Cost Details
- Prices are on application. We work within the agreed Islington price frame.
- Who is this service for?
- To ensure a comprehensive risk and needs assessment is carried.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Please find attached pdf file Referral request uploaded.
- Additional Languages
- English,Bengali, Gujerati,Polish,Russian,French,Spanish, Turkish,Greek, German,Portuguese. Translators available,
- Other notes
Special People is a specialist care organisation for children and young people with additional needs. We provide care/support and therapy in the home or wider community, schools, colleges. We can provide a Direct Payments service or clients can be referred by their social worker , community nurse or educational advisor.
- How will you support my child?