Special Educational Needs (SEN) Team
The Special Educational Needs (SEN) Team:
- Co-ordinate the assessment and placement of children and young people with SEND
- Deal with matters covered by the SEND Code of Practice, including appeals to the First-tier Tribunal (SEND)
- Manages the budget for children and young people with EHC plans
- Helps plan for future provision for children and young people with SEND.
All requests for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment are considered through the Team. The Team require evidence that despite the setting having taken relevant and purposeful action to identify, assess and meet the child or young person’s SEND, they have not made expected progress. A multi-agency Education, Health and Care Needs Management Board the considers all requests for EHC needs assessments and the LA then makes a decision on whether to start an assessment based on the evidence available.
If you have any queries about Special Educational Needs services in Islington, please contact the team or speak to the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) in your child’s educational setting. You can also find all the help there is available in the Islington area for children and young people aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities on the Islington SEND Local Offer.
Who to contact
- 020 7527 3747 020 7527 3747
222, Upper Street
- N1 1XR
- Cost Details
- Who is this service for?
- Children with special educational needs.
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
If you are worried about your child we would like you to talk initially to your child's teacher, the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO), your child's headteacher or Further Education provider. If you have any other queries you can phone or email the SEN team.
- Additional Languages
- All schools and units have access to full interpreting and translation services.