At Dallington, we offer a curriculum which is broad, creative and balanced. Our children address teachers by their first names and do not wear a uniform. We aim to provide for each child a happy, secure and stimulating environment that promotes discovery and values a love of learning. Our school motto is 'Value your own worth and understand the differences in others'.
We encourage our children to become confident and enthusiastic learners. Our children work and play together in a co-operative, supportive way and great emphasis is placed on nurturing the development of the powers of reasoning and reflective, critical thinking.
We provide an environment where children can openly relate to others and expect to be listened to and respected for their points of view.
“The joy and reward of lifelong learning take time. That time is called childhood, spent with people who understand and value it, in a stimulating environment that promotes it.” Mogg Hercules, Headteacher, Proprietor and Founder.
Who to contact
- 020 7251 2284 020 7251 2284
- Scan to visit this website
8, Dallington Street
- EC1V 0BW
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- School Opening Hours: 8.30 am to 4.45 pm/5.15 pm (School clubs finish) School Day: 9am to 3.30pm. The school year is approximately 36 weeks, divided into three terms, each with a week's break mid-term. Office hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
- Age Ranges
- 3 years to 11 years
- Cost Details
- See website for details. Children aged 3 and 4 years will benefit from the government free entitlement to early education, which is revised annually and is part of our Early Years Development Partnership with The Borough of Islington.
- Who is this service for?
- For children aged 36 months to 11 years
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Dallington School has a non-selective entry policy, we work on a first come first served basis and take children from 3-11 years old. Early registration is advised.
- Additional Languages
- French is in the curriculum.
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (15 hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (30 hours)
- Tax-free childcare
- How will you support my child?
Dallington School is a non-selective school. It is our aim to include and make provision for all children, regardless of their needs.
There will be times when a child, or group of children, requires some additional input and this will be dependent on need. This support may be provided by our own staff or by external professionals who work with the school.
Parents of all children receiving support are consulted and kept fully informed. We work to ensure we have accurate and up to date information on all children to inform our additional provision.
For more information please see the Special Educational Needs and Disability policy and The Dallington Journey.
The school Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) is:
Rachel Turner Rachel.Turner@DallingtonSchool.co.uk
English as an Additional Language (EAL)
There are currently 21 languages spoken at Dallington School. Read more at http://www.dallingtonschool.co.uk/learning-support-send/