The Maria Montessori School Hornsey Rise
We are a small friendly Montessori school.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Evina Stathakis, Lead Teacher
- 020 7263 6563 020 7263 6563
- Scan to visit this website
St Mary's Church Hall
- N19 3AD
Time / date details
- Opening times/date
- Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 12 noon (2-3 year olds); Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 3.30pm (older children who are ready to stay all day).
- Age Ranges
- 2 years 6 months to 6 years
- Cost Details
- Phone the nursery for details. Children over 3 years are likely to be eligible for a free part-time educational place.
- Who is this service for?
- Children aged 2 to 6 years
- Can I refer myself?
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Phone the Montessori school
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (15 hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (30 hours)
- How will you support my child?
Our setting welcomes children with SEND and we are committed to working with parents and other professionals to provide good inclusive practice. Our Islington link Area SENCO provides us with support, advice and training re children with SEND.
Our lead SENCO has over twenty years’ experience working with children and has attended many courses, including two years in the USA, to enhance her knowledge and understanding.
We have not accessed PECS training, but we have undertaken to use picture prompts in cases where language is limited under the advice of a Speech and Language therapist; it has worked well, and we feel confident in using this method.
We have experience of working with several children ranging in many, and often extremely complex, needs. The love and care our teachers give to each child and their family is inspiring. They have a dogged approach in seeking help as soon as it has been observed that help is required. Observations are key and discussing these with the family are paramount in our every day practice.
Language is a huge part of our curriculum, and we run small groups throughout the day, every day to enhance every child’s speech and language. We offer one to one with language development too and feel the Montessori curriculum supports every child to reach their potential, guided by dedicated teachers who start every day with new ideas to aid every child to achieve their best.
We have good links with our area SENCOs and have a visiting speech and language therapist. We have links with a variety of therapists and professionals in order to help and support both the child and us in any given situation.