Finding jobs and apprenticeships
Help with finding a job or apprenticeship
Do you know where to look for job vacancies? Need help to improve your CV or prepare for an interview? Start your job search by looking in the Latest vacancies and other opportunities section, and at the information on our finding vacancies page.
It can also be useful to look at what's happening in the job market.
Moving from school or college into work is a big step. There is help and advice available at Lift, including Progress Team Services for young people. There's also lots of information in the links on this page.
The Islington Progress Pledge
Developed with the help of young people, the Progress Pledge sets out the support you can expect to help you find employment, education or training:
- Careers guidance with our qualified advisers
- Job coaching
- Mock interviews
- Support in English and maths up to Level 2
- One-to-one support into education, a traineeship or apprenticeship, or employment
- Up to 100 hours of work experience or volunteering
- Help to access other support services
For further advice contact:
- The Progress Team, is a good place to start. For advice on employment, education or training, phone 0207 527 7031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The National Careers Service helpline call 0800 100 900
There are opportunities to develop you career with Islington Council through their apprenticeship and graduate schemes.
The Progress Team