Finding jobs and apprenticeships
Help with finding a job or apprenticeship
Do you know where to look for job vacancies? Need help to improve your CV or prepare for an interview? Start your job search by looking in the Latest vacancies and other opportunities section, and at the information on our finding vacancies page.
It can also be useful to look at what's happening in the job market.
It is a big step moving from school or college into work. There is help and advice available at Platform and Lift, including Progress Team Services for young people. There's also lots of information in the Related services and External links on this page.
The Islington Progress Pledge
Developed with the help of young people, the Progress Pledge sets out the support you can expect to help you find employment, education or training:
- Careers guidance with our qualified advisers
- Job coaching
- Mock interviews
- Support in English and maths up to Level 2
- One-to-one support into education, a traineeship or apprenticeship, or employment
- Up to 100 hours of work experience or volunteering
- Help to access other support services
For further advice contact:
- The Progress Team, a good place to start. You can meet an adviser at Lift, Platform or Rose Bowl for further advice, phone 0207 527 7031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The National Careers Service helpline call 0800 100 900
For more information on jobs, training, apprenticeships and career choices please visit the Progress team page or look at the Related services section.
The Progress Team